

Yep, I did it! I signed on the dotted line (well, actually with technology and all, I just clicked the mouse a couple of times) and became Andrea Todd, Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics!
_3.jpg)
I know! Can you stand it??! After dragging my feet for over a year, whining, "But I would NEVER be able to do that!" while simultaneously singing the praises of MK to every Tom, Dick and Harry I met (Mary Kay is not just for women, you know!), I finally took a GI-normous leap of faith and decided to do this thing!

That's not me in the photo, by the way. I may be crazy but I'm not stupid!! Seriously, I'll tell you what my biggest hang-up was all along:

And I would be lying if I said that fear had magically dissolved when I saw my name printed neatly on the contract, right next to my shiny new consultant number. It didn't. It hasn't. It probably won't. I actually began reading this book less than a week before I signed my contract:

Um, yeah . . . never finished it. Took it back to the library. Didn't even make it through Chapter 3. That is a sad commentary indeed. Guess I still have some growin' to do, huh?
But you know what? I've discovered that I CAN do this. It's just one more choice I have to make in my life. Now heaven knows I hate making choices: Schlotzsky's or Subway? Black or brown? Paper or plastic? (Actually, that last one is easy: It's neither since I switched to cloth bags when I go shopping--score one for the environment!) But even I am a little tired of that stupid voice in my head that tries to convince me that I'm a failure before I've even TRIED to do something. Sheesh--I am my own worst enemy!
So there you have it. I am a Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant and I'm proud of it! Now show me some love and order something from me! Ha ha! You can visit my website at www.marykay.com/andreatodd and shop online 24/7! Or give me a call, shoot me an e-mail, Facebook me . . . it's all good!
(And now in the interest of full disclosure, I will make it known that I really wanted this blog entry to be all about our comings and goings over the past month but there's so much to tell that I am, frankly, just a bit overwhelmed and don't know quite where to begin. Maybe when I have more time . . . ha ha, more time, that's a good one!)
2 comments:
I love this! You have captured what many of us feel starting this journey! You are going to be great in this business!!!! Love you!
Good Luck! You will do great!
Erin
Post a Comment