Well, Phase Two in the reconstruction of Darcy's mouth is completed. Two weeks ago she got a palate expander, and today she went to the dentist and had two teeth removed to relieve the crowding in her lower jaw. One tooth was about to come out on its own so it looked much like you would expect, but WHOA! The other tooth was a whopper! Look at the picture if you don't believe me. Just look at that root! The procedure was painless and there is no swelling that I can see, so that is another hurdle cleared! She continues to be nervous (needlessly, but then she's only eight) before each procedure but so far has sailed through each one like the trooper that she is and always has been!
This is completely unrelated, but I just have to include this picture before I call it a day. For Christmas, Clark and Rebecca gave us this really cool Mickey Mouse mosaic puzzle--you know, the kind of puzzle where each piece actually has a frame from a Disney movie on it, and you put all the pieces together and you get one big picture. (Okay, that's a TERRIBLE explanation but I am confident you know what I'm talking about.) We enjoyed working on the puzzle together as a family and Randy really did a good job of encouraging the kids to get involved (read: coercion took place). Here is the finished product:
Look closely. Notice anything? Yes, ONE piece is missing! Could it have been lost when Sawyer tossed a half-full box of loose pieces up in the air? You be the judge!
1 comment:
o.k. Andrea, how much fun it was it catching up on your precious fam! Thanks for including me!
love you,
jamie
Post a Comment