Monday, March 23, 2009

Care If I Share?

May I share with you a pet peeve of mine that is fresh on my mind? Thank you.

As I was driving home this morning after dropping the kids off at school (R.I.P., Spring Break!), I heard a radio advertisement from Disney.com/Matinee Club. Ever heard of it? Neither had I. Seems there's a promotion of some sort going on, or maybe Disney just had an itch to break out some of its animated flicks from the ol' vault. Regardless, for a limited time in the next couple of weeks you can go to select theaters and see an animated Disney classic (Tarzan, for those of you who are REALLY interested), along with an animated short and I think a couple of interactive games are also on the agenda--not quite sure how that will work. But here is what caught my attention: If you don't want to miss out, then you'd better be there "at ten a.m. in the morning!" Okay, did the announcer make that distinction lest we, the listening audience, get all confused and discombobulated and think that the showing is at ten a.m. in the afternoon? Or ten a.m. in the evening? I mean seriously, is ten a.m. EVER at any other time than in the morning??? Who authorized this radio spot? I want his head!

Okay, rant's over. In case you're wondering, it's early and I haven't had any caffeine yet. Then again, I'm not a coffee drinker so I doubt a cup o' joe would have helped much in this case. But I feel better just having gotten this off my chest.

Have a great day!

No comments: