So my girls were preparing to thumb through my 8th grade yearbook this morning and Darcy asked, "Mom, did people look weird back then?" I tried to ignore the fact that my kids refer to any time all the way back to Adam and Eve as "back then" and refused to believe my daughter was calling me old, and instead replied, "Yeah, they sorta did."
They leafed through the book and finally came to the page where not only was my school photo on display, but there was also a candid shot of me giving a speech about my spoon collection. Oh yes, I was cool. Peyton looked carefully at both photos and declared, "Mom, you do NOT look weird!" My spirit lifted, I smiled and said, "Thanks, Peytie! What do you think, Darce?" After a moment's perusal Darcy said, "Actually, Mom, you look pretty normal."
That's good enough for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment