Saturday, July 26, 2014
SPI 2014
The Todds are home safe and sound! Thanks so much to everyone who prayed for our family while we were away. We had a wonderful time together, and I had multiple opportunities to observe the close ties my children have with each other. Until they're parents themselves I'm convinced they'll never comprehend the joy it brings me to see my boys with their heads pressed together when they're engrossed in conversation, or the way my girls have developed such similar tastes and preferences despite the difference in their personalities. My heart soars with every kiss one of my girls plants on Sawyer's head, and it smiles every time Darcy spontaneously embraces Tyler or Peyton randomly passes him and casts an "I love you!" his way. I am grateful that you can put my kids together in any combination and they'll make their own fun. I honestly can't say that one gets along better with another because they all get along so well! I have so many wonderful memories of our vacation this year, but my favorite has to be from Wednesday, when Sawyer had suffered a pretty bad sunburn the day before and was uncharacteristically cranky. He was irritable because the other three (but particularly the girls) kept patting his back and arms, kissing his cheeks, etc. He just wanted NOT to be touched. After his third or fourth eruption I actually found myself reasoning with him, "Sawyer, telling them to stop hugging and kissing you is like asking them not to breathe. It's just not possible!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment