Hello all! While we were away on a little mini-vacation I saw that several of you asked for the link to the brilliant blog, Stuff Christians Like. Haven't you people heard of Google??
No, seriously, I don't mind giving you the link myself but I hate that you've had to wait for me to get home to start enjoying the hilariousness that is Jon Acuff! By the way, when I say "Don't forget the Kleenex" it is because you will quite possibly be in danger of laughing so hard that you cry. Or maybe that's just me. I do seem to have an odd sense of humor.
Anyway, here is the link to the blog, but once you're there I would encourage you to read #544 - Taking the College Years Off, which is the post I referred to in my last entry. Also, I think you will enjoy (in no particular order) #546 - The Church Secretary (absolutely hysterical); #555 - Making Up Prayer Requests; #564 - 11 People Every Youth Group Needs; and #577 Surviving Church As a Married Couple without Kids (and within that post there is a link to another entry entitled Surviving Church as a Single, which you should also read).
As I was scrolling through the blog to get the above entries for you, I realized that there are a myriad of posts in between that I haven't read myself; as I said before, I ceased being a "regular" blog reader some time ago. But I just read snippets of several and know that I need to earmark some time to go back and get caught up because this guy doesn't miss a thing. There is no stereotype that goes unnoticed (or unblogged about), and he also knows how to gently poke fun of the things we Christians hold so dear that we really just need to learn to let go, and we don't hate him for exposing our flaws. Perhaps because he writes just enough about his own flaws that he never, EVER sounds preachy or judgmental. He simply has his finger directly on the pulse of the church and knows all about, well, the Stuff Christians Like.
No, seriously, I don't mind giving you the link myself but I hate that you've had to wait for me to get home to start enjoying the hilariousness that is Jon Acuff! By the way, when I say "Don't forget the Kleenex" it is because you will quite possibly be in danger of laughing so hard that you cry. Or maybe that's just me. I do seem to have an odd sense of humor.
Anyway, here is the link to the blog, but once you're there I would encourage you to read #544 - Taking the College Years Off, which is the post I referred to in my last entry. Also, I think you will enjoy (in no particular order) #546 - The Church Secretary (absolutely hysterical); #555 - Making Up Prayer Requests; #564 - 11 People Every Youth Group Needs; and #577 Surviving Church As a Married Couple without Kids (and within that post there is a link to another entry entitled Surviving Church as a Single, which you should also read).
As I was scrolling through the blog to get the above entries for you, I realized that there are a myriad of posts in between that I haven't read myself; as I said before, I ceased being a "regular" blog reader some time ago. But I just read snippets of several and know that I need to earmark some time to go back and get caught up because this guy doesn't miss a thing. There is no stereotype that goes unnoticed (or unblogged about), and he also knows how to gently poke fun of the things we Christians hold so dear that we really just need to learn to let go, and we don't hate him for exposing our flaws. Perhaps because he writes just enough about his own flaws that he never, EVER sounds preachy or judgmental. He simply has his finger directly on the pulse of the church and knows all about, well, the Stuff Christians Like.
No comments:
Post a Comment