Friday, October 26, 2012
Servanthood
My
heart is so full of love for my husband right now, I can't be silent.
While I have lain in bed the entire day due to a back injury, he has:
Taken two kids to school at 6:30 a.m.; gotten donuts for Sawyer to take
to school for his birthday; taken the other two kids to school at 7:30;
called our physician and his chiropractor for advice for me; gone to the
store to pick up a prescription for me; fixed
my lunch; picked the kids (plus one) up from school; fixed dinner;
dropped three of the kids at school for Football Friday Night; made a
special trip to UTA because Darcy forgot her clarinet (seriously?); went
back to the store to get eggs so he could make four dozen brownies that
I was supposed to make; made the brownies; cleaned the kitchen; washed
Sawyer's baseball uniform for tomorrow; and now, at 10:57, he is en
route to pick up the kids from the football game. Have I mentioned he's
been sick all week? Yet all day the phrase I've heard the most is, "What
can I do for you?" The hands and feet of Jesus have served my family
this entire day, and I am moved to tears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment