After
being away from home for three nights, I pulled into my driveway a
little after 5:00 yesterday and was eager to see my family that I had
missed so much. Clearly the longing was felt on both sides, as
evidenced by the first three exchanges I experienced.
Exchange
#1 (with Sawyer, who had just danced into the garage and over to the
passenger-side window which I had excitedly rolled down): "Hi Mom! You forgot to make my lunch today!" (Ummm, I'm . . . sorry???) followed by . . .
Exchange #2: "I got my black belt on the recorder today! Want to hear
me play Jingle Bells?!?!?!" (Sure bud, let me just get my key out of the
ignition first . . .) and finally . . .
Exchange #3 (as I'm
wheeling my suitcase into the house and am met with the first notes that
I recognize as 'Dashing Through the Snow in a One-Horse Open Sleigh':
"Hey Mom, can I borrow some leggings?"
Did I mention how absolutely ECSTATIC I am to be home? I missed my crazy, chaotic family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment