What follows is the very definition of an "epic fail":
Randy wanted to get up at 4:30 a.m. and be on the road to Alabama by
6:00. I balked and offered up 5:00 a.m. as the earliest I would be
willing to vacate my warm, toasty bed. And so I drifted off to
Dreamland, only to be cruelly roused from my slumber by the sickly
squeal of all of the electricity draining out of our house at 4:37. Oh,
the irony!
I dutifully reported
the outage to Oncor and proceeded to dive back under the covers. Randy
claimed it would be impossible to go back to sleep; I begged to differ.
At 6:00 a.m. Darcy crept into our room and ventured softly, "Mom? Dad?
It's 6:00 a.m. I don't know if that's good or bad." We pointed out the
noticeable lack of light and confirmed that we would be waiting for
power to be restored before attempting to get ready and finish packing
for our trip.
At 7:03 our security alarm blared to life, and I
immediately hopped in the hot shower, eager to escape the now-icy
bedroom. By 8:00 a.m. the sound of suitcases thumping down the stairs
was ringing in my ears, the door to the garage was opening and closing
as luggage was transferred from the house to the car, and backpacks
were being given one last going-over.
After several trips in and out of my bedroom, Peyton piped up and said, "Where is Darcy? I haven't seen her all morning."
Oh snap. Well, at least I get to say I was right--it WAS possible to go back to sleep!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment