I took an interesting online quiz yesterday that calculated my life expectancy based on personal history, health and lifestyle choices. Now, as online quizzes go it seemed thorough enough, but when it comes to determining how much longer I'm likely to live, I'm not sure how much stock I put in it--it didn't even ask if I floss every day, for crying out loud!
Not that I'm complaining; Even though my biological age is 40, my "real age" is 21.8. Wait a second--I don't want to relive my 20s! Not that a lot of great things didn't happen in my 20s: I graduated from college in my 20s. I met my best friend in the whole entire world in my 20s. Then I had the privilege of marrying him. (I'm real lucky that way.) I bought my first house in my 20s. I had my first child in my 20s.
But a lot of things I'd just as soon forget took place between 1987 and 1997, too--I learned of my mom's diagnosis of Stage 4 breast cancer; I had a couple of stressful jobs; I suffered three of my nine miscarriages and received some pretty devastating news regarding my ability to reproduce (which, ha ha, turned out not to matter too much!); and this list is by no means comprehensive.
Still, according to the online quiz I took, my life expectancy is 93.2. And I floss DAILY--that's gotta be good for another couple of years at least!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I bet it didn't take into account a lot of things. Things like, the possibility of being hit by a piece of space garbage or falling into an open manhole. Sheesh, these quizzes need to be much more thorough. Is there a disclaimer? or can you sue if you don't live to be 93.2?
If I'm clumsy enough to fall into an open manhole, I've got nobody to blame but myself!
Post a Comment