Monday, February 16, 2009

Near-Death Experience

I'm not sure I'll ever come quite so close to understanding what it feels like to lay down and die as I did Saturday night. There I was, minding my own business, procrastinating putting the finishing touches on my Bible class for Sunday morning when it hit me--"Valentine's Day is over! My blog template is SO yesterday!" And since it was midnight and I needed to go to bed I didn't have anything better to do, I decided to strike while the iron was hot and give my blog a fresh spring makeover.

I surfed over to my favorite free blog design website and found what I thought was a terribly cute and springy (and by "springy" I don't mean "spongy" or "elastic" or "flexible" but rather "exuding the aura of Spring") design, and I copied and pasted it to my blog. I then set about the rather time-consuming but necessary task of changing the colors on my blog so that they would complement one another rather than clash garishly, and the next thing I knew . . . my blog was gone. Vanished.

It is to my credit that I did not fall face-down on my carpet, beating my fists and ranting like a madwoman (but don't think the idea didn't cross my mind and seem like a good one at the time), but I calmly made my way to Randy where I calmly asked him if I could calmly use his laptop for one calm moment while I checked to see if I could pull up my blog on his unit. The entire time I was tapping keys and clicking the mouse, Randy was standing aside saying things like, "Don't jump to conclusions"; "It's probably just a Blogger error"; "Come away from that window"; and "Why are you holding that knife so close to your heart?" Weird--it was like he thought I was going to do something rash.

The good news, of course (which I naturally don't need to tell you since you can see for yourself) is that it was indeed a Blogger error and my blog was soon restored to its original format, garish colors and all. I have never been so happy to clash!

Anyway, here are some new photos of the boy doing what he does best:









This one happens to be my favorite--this is SO Sawyer!

No comments: