Well, we're still having the time of our lives, watching that little dynamo get in the other players' faces, stealing and blocking and passing and shooting for all she's worth; but the truth is, I think it would just be downright mean to come home and blog about each win because that would mean I would be bragging every week. Yeah, that's what I said. There are only two teams in the league--Darcy's and one other--and Darcy's team is undefeated. At some point you just have to feel sorry for those poor little girls.
The great thing about Upward is, of course, that nobody really takes it that seriously to begin with, and everybody is cheering for both sides regardless. Your kid is in green and the white team scores? Go crazy! Cheer your lungs out! And I think I mentioned that two of Darcy's friends play for the other side so there's a whole lot of smiling and laughing going on most of the time, even in the midst of the running and hustling. In fact, I have been approached multiple times by parents who just can't get over Darcy and the perpetual smile she has on her face during the entire game. She is loving the hoops! She's been awarded "Best Defense" a couple of times for her skillz (she actually scored ten points in one game!), but she routinely gets lauded for her "cool as a cucumber" demeanor when she's on the floor. The opposing coach even said he'd never seen a girl who was so methodical when she's got the ball--no running helter-skelter down the court, just measured determination. Look at her go!
No comments:
Post a Comment