This entry would obviously have been more appropriate yesterday, but we have been understandably busy! Eggs to hunt, chocolate to eat . . . and of course, our Savior's resurrection to celebrate!!! I hope and pray that everyone's "Resurrection Sunday" was a blessed day.
Well, I can't guarantee that we'll color eggs for too many more years, so for the second year in a row I decided to humor the kids and let them color about 18 Easter eggs. If you do the math, that works out to four eggs per child with two left over, but I promise you I think Sawyer colored at least six by himself. He was totally into the process. He made a really cool duo-tone egg in shades of pink and yellow, but I can't say that he did it on purpose. I think he just got impatient and pulled out the slightly pink egg before the dye had entirely covered the egg, so we lowered the un-colored side into the yellow dye for a bit and presto! An award-winner! (Well, not really.)
So, are *Webkinz* big in your neck of the woods? I must confess I still would not know they exist were it not for "Aunt Lynn" from church, who keeps on top of these things! The best way I can describe Webkinz is "the new generation of Beanie Babies." There is a whole line of plush toys to collect, but the difference is that you "adopt" your pet and then manage their whole life via the Internet. It's no wonder three-year-olds are more computer-literate than some adults!
"Aunt Lynn" got each of the kids two Webkinz animals apiece, which they named themselves: Tyler got "Scruffy" the cocker spaniel and "Banana" the monkey; Darcy got "Crystal" the (Pegasus) horse and "Henry" the hippo; Peyton got "Wilbur" the pig and "Sara" the unicorn; and Sawyer got "Croaky" the bullfrog and "Redfoot" the tree frog (that's Redfoot in the picture with Sawyer).
Once you create an account and adopt your pet, there is a virtual world that lets kids interact with their pets--you set up their home, feed them, etc., and of course you play LOTS of games in order to make "money" to pay for their food and upkeep. It's all very cute--the kids are hooked. You might think it strange that a ten-year-old boy would get into this sort of thing, but anything that includes playing games on the computer is okay in Tyler's book!
This may not show up very well, but I just shot an ultra-quick movie to show what we've been dealing with for the past week--snow flurries every single day. This might sound dumb but I have just been so surprised by it all; I mean, I know we got plenty of snow this winter but what we've been getting the last few days just doesn't seem normal--and perhaps that's because it's APRIL! You'll look out the window at what seems like an average, kind of overcast day, except for these tiny flurries that go on all day long. There has been no snowfall today and I am cautiously optimistic that the weather is going to warm up this week.
The kids went for their annual narrative assessments today so you can be expecting a future entry to detail some of the events of that meeting. For now, I am short on time because the girls begin a new round of gymnastics tonight and I haven't put supper on the table yet! How does cereal sound?!
Monday, April 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Coloring Easter Eggs - yes, great fun! Great pictures, Anrea. Blue is my favorite color so I especially liked seeing Peyton with her blue colored egg.
I remember wearing gloves to Easter service and now that I think about it the gloves probably helped hide little colored fingers from the egg coloring process the day before! The color was more permanent then and though all children were careful not to touch the wet eggs or the colored water, it was hard to avoid.
Good job, Sawyer, Peyton, Darcy, and Tyler - I didn't see any colored fingers on you!
Cynthia/Gramcy
Post a Comment