Sunday, April 1, 2007

Not So Fast!

 
Posted by Picasa


Isn't that the sweetest picture? Has nothing to do with the post--I just like it.

Well, I jinxed myself. After proclaiming that I'd hit upon the perfect solution (Sawyer in bed for the night one hour early in exchange for no nap in the afternoon = better night's sleep), I find I'm having to re-examine that solution. Sawyer has slept TERRIBLY the last two nights! And that's saying something--for all the sleepless nights he gave us in the early days, he has been a champ for the last year or two. From what I can tell, he has really vivid dreams because half the time if he's stirred up enough that I have to go in his room, he is talking out of his head and you just have to play along with whatever he's saying. The night before last, he was thrashing and growling so I went in his room and he was flailing around from side to side, clearly upset about something. I said, "What's the matter, honey?" He wailed, "Is everyone done with their schoolwork?!" I was thinking, "Whaaat? It's 3 a.m.!" But I said, "Yes, honey, we're all done with our schoolwork." Not taking comfort in my response, he said, "But I didn't finish my math!!!" O-kay. The pressure is already getting to him and he's not even in preschool yet!

No comments: