Friday, April 27, 2007

People to See, Places to Go

The next couple of days are going to be pretty busy so this entry will be rather short. That's probably just as well, because my dear, sweet, loving, wouldn't-trade-him-in-a-million-years husband, my better half who talks for a living, recently told me that no one could mistake this blog for anyone else's but mine because I "use a lot of words." That's his kind way of telling me that I talk too much!

So, in an effort to cut to the chase, here's what's on tap for today:

Going to look for patio furniture
Attending Women of Faith conference in the p.m.

Now where's the fun in that post? Sorry, but I think it's just plain boring! While I'm still on the subject, however, I was amused by a remark I read on the USA Today homepage this morning. In synopsizing the Democratic debates last night, it said that "one of the big laughs came when NBC's Brian Williams asked Delaware Sen. Joseph Biden, known for his "verbosity," whether he could assure Americans he had the discipline to be on the world stage. Biden's response: 'Yes.'" As a fellow jabberjaw, I admire his restraint!

Seriously, I am in a bit of a time crunch so I'll just flesh out my plans slightly to say that we are indeed hoping to find some patio furniture today, and later this evening I will be attending the Friday night session of Women of Faith from 7:00 to 10:00. Tomorrow it resumes at 9:00 and goes until 5:00 in the afternoon. So, if anybody needs me, you know where I'll be!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We've been very busy lately and I haven't had time to read your blog. I really need to keep up and read it daily, because when I do get on and there are 7 or 8 days to "catch up on", it takes me awhile. As you noted yourself, you seemingly have no trouble in expressing yourself. :-)

Keep up the exercise. You might want to go see an orthopedic person about your knee. They can also recommend exercises to strengthen it with therabands, etc.

Sounds like Sawyer has discovered a "FANTASTIC" way to keep you all in stitches. Funny kid.

And I love Peyton's spunkiness in her gym class. Go Peyton.

Tyler and Darcy are really getting mature looking. Wow! We would love to see all of the kids and their parents as well.

I don't think I ever did complement/congratulate Randy on his Master's completion, but consider this a belated one. When Randy completes his doctorate, will he "walk the stage" to get his diploma? If so, let us know the plans well in advace so that we can attend.