Anyway, take a look at the photo and you'll see what I was referring to in my last entry when I said that "something finally happened" that was blog-worthy:
Want a closer look?
The thing is, this photo was obviously staged. But when Sawyer first presented the mouse to Randy, he had not very carefully and in a sanitary manner wrapped it in a clean paper towel; no, Sawyer was swinging the rodent by its tail! Well, okay, I might be embellishing a little bit, but when Randy brought Sawyer in to the house and told me to wash his hands with lots of soap and hot water, it is because Sawyer had just indiscriminately picked the mouse up and was carting it around in the yard (this is according to Randy, and if you can't believe a preacher, then I don't know what to do for you).
Sawyer is fascinated by creepy-crawlers, as most little boys are. After a good rain, he routinely brings me worms that he has found and manhandled--I never thought I'd say this, but I actually feel sorry for all the earthworms he has "accidentally" (?) beheaded. No, seriously, he does NOT have a mean streak, but he does have somewhat clumsy fingers when it comes to handling worms. They are slippery little critters, after all! He also tracks spiders, ants and "doodlebugs" with fierce interest. The mouse, however, is his triumph so far. I don't even want to think about what he might drag home next!

No comments:
Post a Comment