Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Rhinos and Tigers and Bears--Oh My!

It has been crazy-busy here--I feel I am falling so short in so many respects! Randy commented a few days ago that even when I am complaining that I don't have time to get anything done, I seem to find time for my blog! But look at the date on my last entry--if I had my way, I'd post every day!

We did manage to squeeze in a trip to the zoo yesterday, but only because the kids had been prodding me for so long! Actually, the trip was a reward for the kids filling up their "Good Habits" jar. We ended up having to cut our trip short because Tyler got sick and could barely put one foot in front of the other. Fortunately, we have a ZooPass so we can go back whenever we want, and I do plan to go to the zoo more frequently this year. I guess all of my kids have always been animal-lovers and have enjoyed trips to the zoo, but Sawyer more so than the others. When we leave the zoo, he's already asking when we can come back!

Most of these pictures are awful, but they're all I've got since we ended up leaving so quickly. We started (and ended) in Asia Quest, which is one of the newest areas of the zoo. In the first photo, Darcy is standing in front of two tiger statues--the one on the left is extinct, the one on the right is not. I thought that photo might need some clarification since you might otherwise wonder why I took a picture of a broken statue!

Posted by Picasa


Rhinos
Posted by Picasa


Cranes
Posted by Picasa


Baby elephant
Posted by Picasa


Sun Bear
Posted by Picasa


Siberian Tiger
Posted by Picasa


Bike cart
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

The zoo - what fun! Hey, Andrea, what about you getting a ride, too? Oh, maybe next time.