Thursday, May 3, 2007

A First Time for Everything

Today I did something I have NEVER done before--I got up at 6:00 a.m. and drove downtown in order to be one of the first (I hoped) in line to get tickets to the limited engagement run of Wicked - The Musical when it comes to Columbus in June. I am happy to report that I was successful in procuring two tickets, but I was nowhere CLOSE to one of the first in line!

Tickets went on sale at 7:00 a.m. at the box office and did not go on sale to the general public via phone and the internet until 9:00. I snagged my tickets at about 9:13 but wasn't worried about missing out because we were told that even though blocks of tickets had been set aside for internet purchasers, everyone who was standing in line would have his or her orders fulfilled FIRST.

I also felt pretty confident that I would get premium seats because every so often, CAPA workers would come out and say that particular shows were down to less than 100 tickets, etc., and none of the shows around my chosen date were in serious jeopardy. Opening night obviously sold out first, and it's a good thing I didn't have my heart set on attending the show on my anniversary because I would have been out of luck there, too.

So, I am the proud owner of two tickets to the 8:00 show on July 6, and it's a good thing because that is one of only two days during the entire engagement that we are able to go! Now I just have to deal with the fall-out at home; when I walked in the door at about 9:45, Tyler asked when "we" were going to see Wicked and neither he nor Darcy was happy with my answer! Maybe next time, kids.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Enjoy the show!