Why I love Sonlight, continued . . . because the order that I placed on Friday night at 11:30 is already out the door, and would have been even earlier had they not taken off for the Memorial Day holiday! This is precisely why I waffle on taking a summer break--we usually finish up in April and I start to get used to the slower, easier pace of each day, but then my new Sonlight order arrives and I can't wait to dive in, so we end up beginning our school year earlier and earlier each fall. I'm pretty sure last year we began our "new" school year the last week of July!!!
This morning the kids and I met the Golden Agers over where several of our members live in a retirement village. It is just the nicest place, with the sweetest people and a very friendly staff. The Golden Agers meet there and sing once a month, I believe, and Randy and another of our members had told me several times that I should bring the kids so that the older folks could "enjoy" them.
We had such a good time, and the old folks did indeed enjoy seeing some young blood there. One of the staff members was so sweet--when our singing concluded, she came in with a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and Capri Sun juice pouch for Tyler, Darcy, Peyton and Sawyer, saying that she can't resist spoiling kids!
Then one of the precious, precious couples that we worship with invited the kids and I to see their apartment, so we went and visited with them for a while. Darcy saw a few necklaces near a jewelry box and openly admired them, so naturally she (and Peyton) received them as a gift. "Miss Jerry" told me that she had been cleaning out her jewelry box and told herself that she would never wear these particular necklaces, and she said to herself, "I'll just put these here and maybe there will be a child I can give them to." She seemed amazed at Darcy's admiration but I told her that's the providence of God!
We spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for Randy's birthday, picking up the ingredients for his cake, mulling over gift options, etc. I won't post those options here or I might spoil the surprise. I had thought about taking the kids back to the Big Splash--we went again yesterday afternoon but it wasn't much fun since it was cloudy--but it's cloudy again this evening. We could really use some rain and have had days of cloudy weather, but there's no rain in sight. Maybe by my saying that, we'll have a big 'ol gully-washer tonight!
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment