Friday, May 4, 2007

It Came, It Came!

 
Posted by Picasa


Sorry for the microscopic print--if I were more web-savvy, I would probably know how to make the above letter appear larger. But hopefully you can see that Darcy actually received a reply to the letter she sent to the Walt Disney Company (I blogged about it on 3/21)! Oh boy, was she excited! She didn't even seem particularly disappointed with their negative response to her suggestion that they make a few new books to supplement the ones she's already read!

Coincidentally, Darcy received yet ANOTHER letter this week, this one from Mary Pope Osborne, author of the Magic Tree House series. Darcy had sent a letter to her months ago and frankly, I had forgotten all about it. As you can see, her response is much more of a "form letter" than was Disney's, but for Darcy, a response is a response is a response!

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Way to go, Darcy! I'm glad you received a response. How exciting, for all of you.