It has come to my attention that my loyal fan base (a.k.a. Tracy and Lori) thinks I have been remiss for not posting an entry to let the world know that my husband finally slogged his way through the snow and rain from Ohio to Texas, arriving at 3:30 a.m. Sunday morning and sporting two new tires which became a necessity after he hydroplaned his way from Cincinnati to Louisville. Perhaps it's because I'm still trying to process the fact that the first words he growled at me, after waking me from my oh-so-sound sleep in the middle of the night, were, "Why is this stupid thing beeping?" (He was referring to the alarm pad next to the front door which Clark, trying to be helpful, had activated the week before, and I hadn't gotten around to asking how to deactivate it. So sue me.) Gee, welcome home, honey--I'm going back to bed.
Or perhaps I wanted to show my solidarity with the striking writers in Hollywood/New York/wherever it is that the writers are striking (sorry, I don't watch much TV anymore). But I know some of you die-hards are really missing your shows nowadays so you really need my blog to put some joy in your day, don'tcha? Well, I hate to disappoint you but this is not your lucky day. Much as I would like to sit on here and tap, tap, tap away, I'd like to refer you back to Paragraph One, in which the protagonist in this story, the one who has been living alone and raising her four children by herself, suddenly gained a partner. A partner who dislikes the start-and-stop pecking on the keyboard by said protagonist. I really want to go wireless!
I am so happy to finally have Randy home, though, and even though Monday was kind of hairy, today was very productive (though not necessarily where the house is concerned). We are hosting a little holiday gathering here Thursday night and I would so love for everything to look festive and gay, but that might be a little difficult considering my Christmas decorations are buried in the back of the garage! Shh, that's the excuse I'm giving my kids--I could really get to everything but the thought of having to get out AND put away Christmas decorations when I'm still unpacking boxes has got me saying, "OH NO NO" instead of "HO HO HO!"
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment