I guess it was inevitable. Two kids (Tyler and Darcy) suffered miserably with allergies in Ohio, and one (Sawyer) was showing definite signs of following in their footsteps. And when we moved to Texas, the prognosis was not encouraging. Kelly, you warned me, didn't you? You said that if two of our kids had allergies, we should not be surprised if the others followed suit. And follow they have.
I would complain more but to complain around here would be akin to preaching to the choir. Here, you're an anomaly (dare I say a freak?) if you DON'T have allergies. Still, I'm sad that Peyton and Sawyer have succumbed to the evils of pollen. Bless their hearts, they didn't see it coming. Sawyer doesn't seem quite as bothered as Peyton (at least not yet) but Thursday was particularly hard on him. He had the look of that guy in the commercial where his girlfriend's cat comes in and parks itself on the back of the sofa where he's sitting--you know which one I mean?
And Peyton, poor Peyton--she is getting hammered. Sneezing constantly, eyes itching and bloodshot . . . it's just sad. But for us, it's the "new normal." During a trip to the park today, Peyton was so overcome by the irritation to her eyes that we ended up cutting our trip short and taking her home. Well, Randy took her home, along with Darcy and Sawyer. Tyler and I drove Hunter home and then went shopping, and when we got home it looked like Peyton had been crying the whole time we were away, except . . . she hadn't been. Seriously, she looked awful. And what's weirder, she just seemed very lethargic, which I did not think was a symptom of allergies. I'm afraid something else might be going on. And I think a trip to the allergist is in order.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Finally got a call from Darcy's softball coach last night. We were beginning to think her name might have fallen through the cracks so we were happy to get his message. Her first practice is Thursday night at 6:00. Why, that's . . . that's . . . YES! Ding ding ding! If you guessed that it's the same night and time as Tyler's practice, then you win the grand prize! Tell them what they've won, Johnny! Oh yeah, nothing. What, you think I'm one of those fancy-schmancy bloggers that gives away Outback gift cards and free books? Well, think again! Anyway, I'm going to need to figure out a way to clone myself so I can be in two places at once because something tells me he's not going to be the most reliable chauffeur from one week to the next. But I can dream!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
When do the games begin?
MM
We use Children's Claritin. It really seems to help with the allergies. You could give it to them for two or three weeks during the peek allergy season. Or you could just give it to them on days when you plan on going outside. Also, making them shower when they come in can also help.
Amy
MM, the coaches only know what the sports director(s) tell them and apparently, that hasn't been much! We should know something by the end of the week.
Amy,
Claritin works for Darcy but Peyton's allergies are more along the lines of Tyler's--which is to say, she doesn't have to set foot outside to be miserable. We have tried Claritin, Alavert and Benadryl and nothing gives her any relief, or at least not for long.
Post a Comment