Monday, April 7, 2008

Whatever You Do, Don't Ask for Water

I think I might have had a lot to say tonight were it not for the fog I'm in--I had a serious bout of insomnia last night and didn't drop off to sleep until almost 4:00 a.m. Consequently, my brain is toast.

Tomorrow's post should be much more interesting . . . we are going with a few friends to the Rangers' first home game! Okay, something makes me want to say it's "Opening Day" but that would make me sound like I actually know what I'm talking about when in reality, I am merely along for the ride. Until three days ago, I didn't even realize the game was on a Tuesday! I thought it was on a Saturday, I thought the whole family was going, I thought it was this whole big . . . thing.

Turns out we have two tickets on a school day for a game that doesn't start until 1:00 p.m. Mmm-hmm. So we scrambled around trying to arrange childcare for our four, count 'em, FOUR children and thanks to some lovely people at Woodland West they will all be taken care of. If I remember to switch my brain on before I leave the house tomorrow, I will try to remember to grab my camera and get some shots at the ballpark.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Randy and I went to lunch together today.

Just the two of us.

Without Sawyer.

Wow! Do you know what a big deal that is?! I honestly do not believe we have been out as a, you know, couple, since New Year's Eve! Pat (the sweet, kind, loving, giving--I could go on--church secretary at WW) spent a little one-on-one time with my bud at lunchtime while Randy and I got away for some one-on-one time of our own. We went to this barbecue place in Pantego (a little community near the church) and I ordered the sliced beef sandwich minus the bread (why?) with okra and corn (that's why) and a glass of water.

"Water? Really? That's what you want?" Randy asked.
"Yes, water, thanks" was my reply.

So then, after I scraped my tongue and finished shaking the heebie-jeebies off of me, I remembered why Randy questioned me so. Pantego water is AWFUL! And everybody knows it! Waiters and waitresses won't come right out and tell you you're making a big fat mistake on your drink order but they will give you a sideways glance when water is your beverage of choice; and when they notice you retching at your table and come to offer their aid, and you are so bold as to say, "That water is TERRIBLE!" they will, 100% of the time, get this knowing grin as if to say, "I tried to warn you!" Thanks for nothin'.

Okay, I can hardly hold my eyes open and this entry has to rank near the top of my list of "Worst Posts Ever Written," so I am going to put myself and all of you out of our collective misery. No need to thank me--I mean, you know it's true . . . everything I do . . . I do it for you.

Okay, I'll stop now.

No comments: