I don't even know myself anymore. The old me cherished monotony. The old me loved structure. The old me never flew by the seat of my pants. And the old me CERTAINLY would never offer to host a sleepover when one of my own children was going to be away for the evening! And yet that's just what I did. Tyler received an invitation to go to his friend's sleepover tonight and at first I was hesitant, because he's got basketball camp at PCA all week and he has to be there at 8:30 a.m. His friend doesn't just live around the corner, which means I'd have to leave earlier than I care to in order to collect him and get him to the school on time. But in a fortuitous turn of events, Tyler's friend's sister has Band Camp at PCA, so he can catch a ride with her and her dad. Score! So, rather than enjoy a low-key, no-fuss, no-frills evening with Sawyer and the girls, instead I decided to liven things up a bit and told the girls they should invite a couple of their friends for a sleepover of our own. Because nothing spells relaxation like four 8- and 9-year old girls in their bedroom with an iPod. When I last checked on them they were playing Truth or Dare. So.
And I always seem to be shaking my head at the things my girls are taught. In this short video Darcy will recite one of the silliest poems I've ever heard, complete with illustrations! She calls it "Buggy":
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment