My friend Erin left a comment wondering if she had somehow missed something; she is a fellow bibliovore so naturally she was curious as to what series of novels had so thoroughly overtaken my twelve-year-old son. It happens to be a series known as
The Underland Chronicles written by Suzanne Collins, and I would have been oblivious to its existence were it not for two factors: Book One (
Gregor the Overlander) routinely made the "Battle of the Books" lists that I used to see posted on the library walls (meaning it was a must-read); and Tyler's friend Hunter mentioned it one day in passing, and gave it two thumbs up.

Further proof that Tyler has been unnaturally possessed by the Underland: We swung by the library after school yesterday so he could grab Book Four in the series, and he finished it before he went to bed last night. And he did NOT skip Bible study, either. That is some serious devotion, my friends.
We swung by the library
this afternoon so he could get Book Five and I haven't seen him since. And believe it or not, I couldn't be happier!
1 comment:
Oh thank goodness! I was on pins and needles waiting to hear what book series he was reading! Sounds like success!! :)
Post a Comment