Wednesday, December 17, 2008

On the Other Hand . . .

I might have known it would be my good friend, Lynn, who would chime in and provide me with a much-needed dose of perspective when I got to feeling a little too sorry for myself. By the world's standards, Lynn has much for which to feel sorry for, and anyone who knows her situation would not blame her for throwing a pity party once a month (maybe even once a week!). But Lynn doesn't live by the world's standards; she lives by God's standards and more importantly, she has learned the true meaning of the word contentment. She clearly has taken Paul's words in Philippians 4:12 and 13 to heart because no one does content like Lynn. She continues to be an inspiration to me, even though we're separated by more miles than I'm content with these days! So thank you, Lynn, for the reality check. What would I do without you?!

No comments: