Monday, December 29, 2008

Keep Your Hands to Yourself

Yesterday the girls were invited to go home with their friend Kirsten after church so Randy, Tyler, Sawyer and I were able to able to actually carry on a, you know, conversation around the dinner table. (There's something about having four kids that renders that particular social nicety next to impossible.) (Or maybe that's just the case in MY house.)

We weren't talking about anything in particular; in fact, we were talking about entirely random topics when Sawyer said, with a hint of frustration in his voice, "I want to touch girls but they run away from me!" I nearly dropped the floret of broccoli I had just speared as I saw a vision of a sexual harassment lawsuit dancing in my head, and evidently Tyler had the same thought as our eyes met.

I looked over and said incredulously, "You want to touch WHAT?!"

Sawyer looked at me matter-of-factly and said, very distinctly, "Squirrels."

Whew--that was a close one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Your family is just as crazy as mine! Ha! Ha!

Tommie....not really anonymous, just the only way I could leave a message today.