Tuesday, May 19, 2009

It Is Finished

Turn out the lights--the party's over! Peyton's party, that is. After years spent wallowing in guilt for overlooking our third-born on her very special day, I believe it is safe to say we have more than made up for our past negligence!

Saturday dawned bright and clear and sunny . . . except, no, it really wasn't any of those things. In actuality, Saturday dawned gray and drizzly and cool--good thing we passed on Putt-Putt!! Thank you Lord! Unfortunately, even though it had rained steadily since about 3 a.m., for reasons passing understanding the YMCA felt that it was a PERFECT day for softball, so out we trudged to the ballfield at 8:30 a.m. I will simply state for the record that no matter how cheerful I looked on the outside, I was seething inside. My hair and humidity are not friends, you see. And I had a birthday party to host directly after the softball game. Oy.

Bad as it was, I probably would have escaped with my 'do mostly intact were it not for the fact that when Randy, Tyler, Peyton and Sawyer got to the field, they had no umbrella and they elected to share mine. Conjure a visual, if you will, of one large-, three medium- and one small-sized person sharing an average-sized umbrella. Are you laughing? Why not?

Regardless of the fact that I bore an eerie resemblance to a drowned rat, Peyton's skating party was a huge success and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Friends, (cookie) cake and ice cream, presents and fun--what more could a kid ask for??!

The birthday girl


Peas in a pod


The bunny ears making their first appearance (with many more to come!)


Gettin' their skate on!





Randy being . . . well, Randy


Opening presents with friends is the best! In this picture with Peyton and Darcy are Kenedy, Taylor and Chey:



Hannah, Bailey and the other Peyton:





And last but not least, Sawyer thought he was all that with his skate cocked jauntily on its wheel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess you have redeemed yourself. It looks like it was a really nice birthday for Peyton. I am glad she is so patient about things. Sawyer is a constant form of entertainment isn't he. Too bad he is so shy! Love to all

Lynn