Saturday, May 9, 2009

Let's All Do the Hop!

Thursday night was the long-awaited 5th grade Spring Musical at Pantego Christian Academy--finally!! These kids have been memorizing lines, learning songs and rehearsing since December, and I for one have been champing at the bit to see the finished product ever since I learned that the title of the musical was "Hallelujah Hop!"

I fear Darcy will not rest until she has received a speaking part in some school production, so it goes without saying that she auditioned for one of the six or seven lead roles. No dice. However, she was undaunted and went on to audition and score one of the solos in one of the musical numbers. Hallelujah, indeed! And this is not sour grapes speaking, but in retrospect I am pleased that she did not get a "starring" role because the role she got was, in my opinion, much better! The stars, for the most part, said their lines but then would sort of step to the background when the songs were being performed, but as it was Darcy was right out in front where all the action was and I'll tell you this--NOBODY had a bigger smile than her! Well, except for that one girl you see next to her in the second photo below:



This is Josh Elliott, a boy that goes to Woodland West. He was priceless as Elvis or "The King" as he was known to all the kids.


The next four photos are from a song called "Facts are Facts" and that's when Darcy had her big solo--okay, so maybe it was only twenty words long, but it was ALL her!




See? "So I'm callin' all defenders of the truth . . ."


The next three photos are from "I'm a Believer" and Darcy was also part of that ensemble. So cute!




These are the Village People singing "Y Not 2 Day"


This is an overview of the incredible stage


That was SO FUN!


Kirsten and her mom made the show, along with quite a few other Woodland Westers


Even Uncle Clark hightailed it from Fort Worth at the last minute--yes, well, I sort of forgot to tell him that his niece was performing that evening--my bad!


Darcy and her sweet friend Becky

1 comment:

EB said...

Andrea, Darcy looks so grown up! This weekend we were looking through some old photos and found ones of Darcy when she was about a year old. Oh, she was SO cute!!