In case anyone's interested, this is Entry #100! Commence the confetti-throwing!
Not much to post tonight--Day Two of VBS is in the books and I'm seriously tired--but I wanted to share this little anecdote or it will be forever lost in this rattle-trap brain of mine.
I honestly can't remember the exact circumstance or conversation the kids and I were having this afternoon; all I remember is the "punchline," or so it turned out to be. The kids had just completed an assignment and I suppose I looked at Peyton's first and gave her an excellent commendation because she did the whole fist-pump, sweeping-the-arms-in-a-circular-motion-like-a-hula-hoop kind of thing, and Tyler immediately pounced. Unfortunately, in his haste to call her out for her cockiness, he misspoke and said, "Peyton's bloating!" (Get it--bloating, gloating?!) We laughed so hard! After he had corrected himself, he teasingly said I should send her to her room as a consequence, and I couldn't resist saying, "But Tyler, she's bloating! How will she even get up the stairs? And I certainly don't think she'll be able to fit through her door!"
We have gotten a laugh at just about everyone's expense at one time or another; another time Tyler said something about needing to "big a dig hole" and Darcy, always persistent in her prayers for Tiffany Hardy and Stephanie Bostic, prayed for "Stiffany and Tephany." If there's one thing our family loves, it's when somebody gets their tongue tangled!
Monday, July 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That's fretty punny!
Oh, yes, there's always a giggle when we tangle our words!
Oh, yes, there's always a giggle when we tangle our words!
Oh, yes, there's always a giggle when we tangle our words!
Oops, I'm in an endless loop - my comment came on multiple times as I tried to get back to the blog. (Tangled computer fingers, I guess! A giggle for this snafu!)
Post a Comment