Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wicked

 
Posted by Picasa


Last night was Randy's and my long-awaited (and slightly overdue) anniversary night out--guess what we went to see? I'll give you three guesses and the first two don't count! Yes, after much anticipation and countless "listenings" to the soundtrack, we had the great pleasure of seeing Wicked - A New Musical. Whatever hype you've heard about this musical . . . believe it. It is amazing! I won't be like the losers on the Internet who post spoilers (I already knew several key plot points that were meant to be a surprise) but will just say that if you ever get the opportunity to see this show, RUN, don't walk, to see it!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Game #2 of Tyler's tournament was this morning at 9:00 a.m., which was brutal because I had to have Tyler at the field at 8:15 a.m. and I didn't even get into bed until 1:00 a.m. because I stayed up chatting with Brandi (friend and baby-sitter) after we got home from the musical. Anyway, we played a heartbreaker this morning--we lost 4-3 and it really should have been the other way around. Tyler had another stellar game; he pitched the last two innings and struck out six, and allowed only one hit and no runs. We play again Monday night but because of the rule about how many innings can be pitched in so many days, I'm afraid Tyler, if he pitches at all, may only get to pitch one inning.

Here's the front of his baseball card this year:

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

So where did you get the soundtrack for Wicked? Hal and I enjoyed seeing it on Broadway, but unfortunately we couldn't hear some of it. Again, Happy Anniversary!

Tyler's baseball card - what are those? If its something done for each member of the team, what a fun idea. Pitcher Tyler should have been photographed in a pitching stance!

Anonymous said...

Well, I haven't been keeping up with your blog for several days (and as you mention in your today's blog, you havent't been keeping up with it either, I sure have neglected ours...) and enjoyed it all. This comment will serve for all of them.

1. Great news about Tyler's tennis potential. Actually, it sounds like Tyler is just one of those gifted kids who can do just about anything well that interest him. Go T!

2. I know Cynthia and I would have enjoyed Wicked more had we been able to hear it better. I was really very disappointed with the poor acoustics in that theater. I've seen Lion King, Aida (three times), Mamma Mia, and Wicked and Wicked by far had the worst theater, sound, etc. I hope it comes back to Denver soon and we'll see it again (with better seats hopefully.)