Plans for the day? Poof. Up in smoke. Gone with the wind. I had planned to go furniture-shopping with Sawyer today, but I guess those plans will have to be put on hold. Tyler has been running a fever since yesterday morning--it shot up to 105.7 last night and he was very dehydrated. Can you be very dehydrated? Or is that like saying something is very unique? Anyway, he’s a sick puppy and he stayed home from school. He has not stirred since I checked his temp at 7:00, and neither has Sawyer, for that matter, which leads me to believe that there must be a correlation between the time that Sawyer rises and the amount of noise Tyler makes in the shower every morning.
Fortunately, I have plenty of things to do in the house to keep me hopping today. I have been promising to go through my HUGE supply of homeschool stuff and weed out what I don't plan to use with Sawyer, so there are currently about ten banker boxes FULL of stuff sitting against the wall in our bedroom. And that doesn't include the books and supplies that are taking up most of our bookshelf space in the family room upstairs, which is where Peyton and I worked before she started at PCA. Oy vey.
Also, our next-door neighbors are having a garage sale Friday and yesterday they welcomed us to bring over anything we might want to get rid of. That was like music to Randy’s ears! He immediately went out and dragged (drug?) in everything that has simply been taking up space in our garage—you know, that stuff we said we could just as easily throw away in Texas as in Ohio. Ahem. So now, for the next week, that little nook off of our kitchen will be filled with garage sale fodder and I just have to price it and then act like I can’t see it. Maybe I’ll throw a big white sheet over the whole thing and pretend it’s invisible. Or snow!
On the plus side, the garage is now completely cleaned out. Let me repeat—the garage is COMPLETELY CLEANED OUT. That means both cars can fit in the garage. That means the driveway is clear. That means we actually DO have room for the kids to ride Ripsticks!
On the minus side, because we don’t have a basement in this house AND because we bought a new (and much-needed) refrigerator (at a deep discount, I feel compelled to add), we now have in the garage our old refrigerator (fully stocked, of course) and an upright freezer (ditto) sitting side-by-side.
Against the back wall of the garage.
Where we pull the cars in.
MmmHmm.
Even if I were the world’s skinniest woman and could shimmy between that narrowest of openings between the front bumper of the van and the doors of the fridge and freezer, ain’t no WAY those babies are opening up unless the van is first backed out of the garage. Does anyone see a problem with this besides me?
Oh well, one step at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sorry hear about Tyler. Hope he feels better soon.
I wanted to thank you for the little nudge to get back on the blogging bandwagon. It is what I needed. I hope you enjoy it.
Post a Comment