Friday, March 14, 2008

No, Life is REALLY Good

I doubt I'll remember in time to do anything about it tomorrow, but I was sitting here just now thinking, "I wonder if I can write a blog entry and postdate it for tomorrow? Thinking I would test out the system, I typed in a title, changed the post date to the 15th at 9:00 a.m., and hit "Publish Post." Nothing happened, and when I say "nothing" that is exactly what I mean. It doesn't show up on my list of posts, even in draft form (because technically it is not a "draft" since I clicked "Publish"), so my guess is that tomorrow morning at 9:00 a.m. there will be a title (Life Is Good) with absolutely NOTHING following it. Oh well.

Update: I just read through a quick Google blogging tutorial online and it is painfully evident that there is MUCH I am ignorant of when it comes to blogging. Are we surprised?

Since I'm here, I might as well tell you what was going through my mind when I came up with the title for my post that you'll see at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow. I was just thinking about something that happened the night before last. I'm not even sure what time it was because I was simply too, too out of it, but I heard Sawyer crying so I went running. He has been having terrible trouble with his dry skin the last few nights and I knew I'd probably find him clawing at his leg. Instead, what I found was him curled up in the fetal position, eyes shut tightly, but evidently in some discomfort. I noticed that his sheet, comforter AND blanket had all been pushed to the foot of the bed so I figured he was probably cold as well. I rushed to get him all tucked in again and started to ask him what was wrong when he rolled over, sighed deeply and breathed, "I love you, Mommy." And with that, I cheerfully made my way back to my warm bed, where I pulled MY covers up and thanked God for my little tow-headed boy.

No comments: