Tuesday, February 6, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas--Again

Unless you have been under a rock for the last week, you should know by now that the midwest and northeastern parts of the country are suffering through some unbelievably (and uncharacteristically) cold weather right now. And if you know your geography, then you also know that Ohio is smack-dab in the middle of it! I looked at a national weather map about an hour ago and we literally are right in the middle--to the west temps are hovering in the single digits (although I noticed it's -14 in ND!), and to the east it goes all the way up to 20 degrees. We're at about 7 degrees right now. I don't even want to think about our heating bill this month! I thought I'd post a few pictures showing the progression of the weather in our neck of the woods today:


I believe we've got about 3" of snow on the ground as of right now and we're anticipating another 2" or so tonight. The worst part is that the kids can't even go out and play in the snow because it's too dangerous to be out for more than a few minutes. With any luck the cold snap will break soon and we'll be back up in the 30s. Is it any wonder I want to move south???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dino movie was so funny. Deklan laughed so hard--and watched it several times :)
--Erin