Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Are You Tough Enough?

Today was Decision Day. It's been on the calendar for weeks and Tyler had looked forward to this day for almost that long. The teens' long-awaited trip to Turner Falls!




Unfortunately, it coincided with Day Two of PainFest, and Randy and I weren't sure if Tyler would be up to going to Oklahoma and back armed only with a container of mashed potatoes. I mean, Hello? The boy likes to eat! (Luckily, he has his dad's metabolism.) But he got up today at 7 a.m. which in itself is a testimony to how eager he felt about the outing, and grimaced his way through of the gloppiest, sloppiest bowls of oatmeal I've ever seen (Randy advised him to pour a little milk in to cool it off quickly and he overshot the mark) and then headed for the church building.

I'm sure today actually came at just the right time--being with his friends probably helped to take his mind off his mouth. He is due back around 6:00 p.m. so we'll see. And then we're heading to the Ranger game courtesy of Phil and Terri so if that doesn't cheer him up I don't know what will! Maybe another bowl of mashed potatoes?

No comments: