First, I had a haircut and highlights scheduled for 11:30 this morning and then I told Randy I'd like to do a little writing, so he took the kids to the dollar movie to see Prince Caspian. The girls and Randy have not seen it yet, although if you recall I took Sawyer with me on Tyler's field trip to see it the day it opened (or somewhere close to that), and Tyler saw it again with the youth group. I talked to Randy once or twice or twenty times between my hair appointment and the start of the movie, but we never did establish when he would be home. We have plans tonight with friends and we were trying to figure out what time we should make our reservation. So I hopped on Fandango to see how long the movie lasts, and look what I found:

This poster is WAAAAY cooler than the one that was out when the movie was first released! So much cooler, in fact, that I went back to my original post and deleted the first movie poster and replaced it with this one! Am I a geek or what?
Next, I have to address the subject of comments; specifically, the comments made on my blog. As you are surely aware by now, I love-love-love to get comments on my various posts. (Unfortunately, I don't get many. I don't say that to denigrate those of you who DO leave comments from time to time, and I'm not slamming those of you who e-mail me or talk to me personally about something you read here.) And I try to reply to each comment--I really do--but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Stacy, this is for you. I never got back to you about Darcy's clarinet reeds, but guess what? I sent you a nice e-mail and IT WAS RETURNED! You went and changed your e-mail address on me! So if you really want to know what was in my message, e-mail me and I'll re-send it. And to you, Tommie--yay! You're reading my blog! You made me laugh as always, especially with your advice about my Supertunia!
Okay, I feel better having gotten that off my chest. But I'm not finished. I ran across a blog the other day where the person requested that people "leave a comment and include the url of your blog." I thought, "What a blatant attempt to beef up your comment quota by feeding people's deep-seated desire to get THEIR blogs noticed." Hmmmph. And then: "What a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?!"
Seriously, blogging is a tricky thing. I shouldn't need anybody's approval--probably shouldn't want their approval, either--but I've found that the longer I stay at this blogging thing, the more occasionally frustrated I am when I write a post that I think is particularly funny or compelling and get . . . nothin'. Okay, okay, so I'm not all that funny or compelling. But you still read, and I wonder why. I guess I should be thankful--my own father quit reading my blog because he thinks I'm verbose. (Look it up.)
Okay, well, that paragraph was going nowhere so I guess I'll quit stalling. Ready for my confession(s)?
I love frozen grapes.
No, I'm addicted to frozen grapes. Like, I think I may have a problem. When I wash a bowl of grapes and put them in the freezer to congeal into little orbs of pure fruity pleasure, I can't even wait for them to begin solidifying before I am sneaking one or two or ten grapes out of the bowl. How pathetic is that?!
What, that's not enough of a confession for you? Alright, alright, I'll come clean!
I'M PREGNANT.
No, not really. Surely that gag doesn't even startle you anymore. But I had to throw that in because when I hinted at my "project" a while back, a friend evidently guessed that I have a lot more time on my hands than I actually do. Nope, not pregnant.
I did give birth, though. Honestly. I gave birth to a new . . . . . . . BLOG! Please, please, try to contain your excitement long enough to read the details! :-)
Okay, all kidding aside, this is unbelievably exciting for me because I have been longing, yearning, praying, BEGGING that God would reveal His will for my life right now. Not like, "I said NOW, Lord!" but now as in "currently." And as a result of hours of prayer and, I believe, the not-so-coincidental placement of certain people in my path at a particular time, the Woodland West Women's Ministry Blog was born!
I have spent hours--HOURS--working on this blog in an effort to get all of the ideas in my brain onto my computer screen. And when I haven't been working on the new blog, I've been thinking about the new blog, scribbling down ideas, questions, potential entries . . . in short, I haven't felt this fulfilled since I started homeschooling. I have purpose! I have meaning! I have . . . okay, okay, so maybe I'm overdoing it a bit.
But honestly, confession time: For twelve long years I have walked in a fog, wondering where I fit in the life of the church. Sure, I have taught and volunteered and shown up, but I have felt like the proverbial ship without a rudder. My kids became my ministry, and while that is a noble ministry and one of the greatest callings and challenges I believe I'll ever receive from God, nevertheless I lost myself along the way. But by the grace of God, I'm back! And I don't say that proudly, except to boast in the greatness of God because there is not a day that goes by that I don't thank Him for giving me my new ministry. I believe it is a direct answer to prayer and He has already blessed me immeasurably because of it. Ceaseless prayer--that's where it's at!
7 comments:
You know I thought maybe that was going to be , or something like it. I think you have a gift for writing.I enjoy your blog and check every day. You have found your calling. I thought maybe you might be going to write for a magazine. You know a christian one. Wouldn't that be a great ideal.I think you should summit something to one and see what happens.
lynn
My guess...you were going to write a book. I was a lot closer than Jonathan :)
Ohh congrats! Sounds like you are super excited about your new blogging adventures!
I don't have your email address (that's why you get none from me! LOL) re-send to stacyj0908@yahoo.com and I'll get it then! :)
I am excited that we are getting a church blog! I loved the idea when you told me!!
I've never tried frozen grapes, but something I love in the summer time is frozen blueberries. Although, it is a little harder (and more expensive) to get fresh sweet blueberries in Texas then it is in Oregon. :o(
Lynn and Erin--I'm flattered that you would deem me capable of writing a book! I mean, I know I've got enough words in me for a novel, but tying them into a coherent bundle can be challenging for me, as you well know!
Stacy, thanks for your address! You'll be hearing from me. We need to talk clarinets!
Oh Tanya, I know exactly what you mean! I used to buy those HUGE bags of frozen assorted fruit from Sam's Club and would pick out the grapes and blueberries--and naturally, there were fewer of those two fruits than of the peaches and pineapple chunks so they were always gone by the first day!
P.S. Thanks for reading my blog. That makes me feel so special! See you tomorrow!
Post a Comment