Look at the pretty table that Darcy helped me decorate. We had pizza, nacho cheese Doritos, Chex Mix and a variety of candy bars to eat--because I'm all about health and nutrition.
Admit it--you wish you had a couple of those candy bars right about now!
This picture was funnier close-up: The expression on Daniel's face (he's the boy on the end) in response to something Brennan (the kid with his mouth open) said spoke volumes!
Something is tickling Blake's funny bone!
About to start the tournament. Brennan was not too happy with "Ref Randy's" rules during the game!
Could it be? YES! Mars Mission!
Not a great pic, but Tyler got three Bionicle kits from Hunter (the boy with the black T-shirt next to Sawyer)
I think Josh gave him this Bionicle set--I didn't get many photos of him because of where he was sitting. Shame on me!
"Aunt" Lynn from Ohio got him a BIG Mars Mission set off his Lego Wish List on Lego.com. Yes, he really has one and you'd better believe he keeps it up-to-date!
Everybody laughed when Tyler bonked himself in the head with the big honkin' box!
There's Josh on the left! Also, the boy in the brown shirt in front is Jaden, a friend of Tyler's from school who happens to live two doors down from us. Small world, huh?!
My sweet Peyton, who happily celebrated Tyler's special day with us even though she has yet to have had her own party to commemorate her 8th birthday! I'm workin' on it, punkin'!
Note how close Sawyer is to Hunter. When the boys first got to the building after playing laser tag, Sawyer was in one of the classrooms so he was not aware of the seats that each boy chose. When he came in, Brennan had gotten up to get some chips so Sawyer sat right down in his chair--because he wanted to sit next to Hunter. When Brennan demanded his seat back, Hunter sweetly obliged Sawyer by scooting over in his little folding chair and letting Sawyer squeeze in next to him.
Look at Sawyer cracking up--I've forgotten what Daniel said that made him laugh so loud, but I was lucky enough to catch it on film!
And let's not forget Darcy--she actually gamely stepped in and played with the boys to even out the basketball teams--and she scored! I can totally see her playing basketball when she's old enough. And she's already asking if she can play softball again next year! Funny how I always thought she would be the one I'd have to chase off the couch--that couldn't be further from the truth!
1 comment:
Happy to hear that the party was a great success and your worry was needless. I wondered yesterday what in the world you meant when you said that 11-13 year old boys are "fussy"--maybe girls, but that's certainly NOT been my experience with boys.
MM
Post a Comment