Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Isn't this sad? For weeks I've been scribbling notes here and there, planning this b-i-g Thanksgiving post, and now here I am on the eve of our trip to Auburn for the holiday and I do not have a moment to spare! Believe it or not, packing the kids for this trip has been hands-down the easiest time of it I've ever had. First of all, no diapers or wipes boxes, no pull-ups, no extra shoes, in most cases no socks (everyone but Tyler wears slip-ons)--and everybody is wearing home what they wear going, so we're talking a couple of pairs of pants and a couple of shirts--DONE. (However, I just realized that we'll be in big trouble if anybody misplaces their shoes--I guess they'll have to go barefoot!)

Perhaps when we return from our trip I'll do a Thanksgiving retrospective and THEN I'll have time to enumerate the many things for which I am thankful this year! And there are puh-lenty, believe you me! I have to keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming! Why, just a couple of weeks ago I was invited to join the board of the Woodland West Education Foundation and I got to participate as an official board member at my very first event today, the Family Gathering fund-raiser . . . and as I type I realize that nobody but the Woodland West-ers reading this has the faintest idea what the Education Foundation does, but I will save that for my post-Thanksgiving entry! For now, I think Randy will throttle me if I don't get off the computer, and then what kind of a Thanksgiving would we have?!

Please know, though, that I give thanks for each and every one of you reading this, and pray that the holiday finds you giving thanks for a table laden with food, for the family and friends seated around it, for good health and for our God who was and is and is to come. Blessed be His name!

No comments: