
So, anything good on TV?
Oh, I jest. Of course we're watching election coverage and probably will for the next few hours, and I already find myself scratching my head at . . . drum roll, please . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Florida! Seriously, what is UP with Florida? Could their ballots be any more confusing? No kidding, I am mystified at the demonstration I just watched Kerry Sanders of NBC perform regarding the ballot that Palm Beach County residents were required to fill out. Completely ignorant, ambiguous and likely to become controversial. I doubt the result will be as crucial as it was in 2000, but it's interesting that they didn't seem to learn their lesson eight years ago.
Neither Randy nor I took advantage of early voting so we planned to go early this morning. We headed over to Pope Elementary at approximately 10:00 a.m. and it is worth noting that I packed a bag with a couple of books, a puzzle, even Sawyer's reading lesson manual, with the expectation that we would encounter a bit of a wait. Turns out it was pretty much us and the crickets. I'm told that those of us who waited until "Election Day" were probably in the minority, and I can only hope that's true.
So, what was your voting experience like this year?
1 comment:
The same thing happened to me and my roommate. We walked in, waited for approximately 2.24 seconds, voted and left. :)
Post a Comment