Wednesday, November 12, 2008

He Made the Team!


Tyler came home today with the exciting news that he'd made the Middle School basketball team, thus ending a brief spell of uneasiness in me that began when I learned he had to actually, you know, try out for the team. When I preregistered the kids for school this past spring there was a space on the form asking if Tyler would be playing any sports in 6th grade, and I signed him up for basketball and paid the required fee. Done. Or so I thought.

Turns out it's easier to refund the fee to those families whose kids end up, for whatever reason, not playing than it is to try to collect the fees on the back end. So I've been on pins and needles for the last couple of days, wondering if basketball was in Tyler's future. I was really proud of him this afternoon when he told me about waiting to find out if he'd made the cut--he said he was thinking in his mind, "I'm going to be really upset if I don't make it, but it'll be okay if I don't because that means somebody else will make the team and that will make them happy." If only he were that good-natured about EVERYTHING!

I guess this shot would have been cooler if he'd actually been holding a basketball

Away jersey (I think)

Again, not so cool

3 comments:

amy said...

How fun! Go Tyler!!

Anonymous said...

Tell Tyler congratulations from me. Pounds and years ago, I used to play basketball. I know that will be hard for him to believe! Ha!

Tommie

EB said...

Yea Tyler! Congrats and have fun.