The weather in Texas is beautiful in the fall--have I ever mentioned that? Not trying to brag or anything. but short sleeves + flip-flops in November = a little slice of heaven.
After lunch I spent thirty minutes or so ironing a stack of Randy's shirts, and then Sawyer and I walked out to get the mail. It was then that I realized we had been shut up in the house all day and I had no idea what an absolutely gorgeous afternoon we were missing. We came back inside and got the football and threw it around for twenty minutes or so, and then I decided that we should just head to the park until time to pick the kids up from school.
I don't know what got into Sawyer's head but for the first time in I couldn't tell you when, rather than acting all goofy when I pulled out the camera, he actually initiated a pose without my
Rather than going to our usual park, we decided to pay a visit to a park that is a little closer to the church building (and consequently to the school). I say "we" decided but I suppose I really mean "I" decided since I was the one holding the car keys. Almost immediately upon arriving I regretted my decision to choose this park because it was clearly designed for little tykes. And after seeing the size of the playground equipment, I am just a little sad that Sawyer clearly doesn't qualify as a "little tyke" anymore. Everything was short and squat so I totally give Sawyer props for not complaining a single time--I think he was simply so happy to have escaped the confines of our stuffy house that he didn't care that he'd outgrown the equipment!
2 comments:
How fun!! This is my most favorite time of year because it is B-E-A-UTIFUL during the day, then cold, snuggly weather at night!! And the best part is that you didn't have to put together a wreath!!
Amy,
I know! I'm tempted to say that I don't remember Texas being so nice in the fall but the truth is, I probably just didn't appreciate it when I lived here before! And you're right about the variance--everybody was playing out in the yard after school and when Peyton came in, she was begging for hot chocolate!
Tell Brian I said hi--have a wonderful day!
Post a Comment