Wednesday, November 7, 2007
And the Winner Is . . .
2610 Pin Oak Lane! Our offer was accepted at approximately 9:30 p.m. last night after some quick negotiations. We had submitted an offer on the house on Monday but due to a snag with a fax machine, not all of the paperwork went through when we thought it did. By Tuesday morning it was all accounted for, but then the sellers' agent was in mandatory continuing education class and could not get to her clients and back to us right away. We finally heard from our friend (and realtor) Patti at around 9:00 p.m. with a counter-offer. At that point we submitted a counter to their counter and, as I say, it couldn't have been 30 minutes before Patti called back and said that our offer had been accepted. Yippee!!!
No time to elaborate right now except to say that we are SO excited that this deal went forward, and now we've REALLY got to put on some speed to get things packed up and ready to go in just a couple of weeks! Our tentative closing date is Nov. 28 but we may try to have that moved up a bit to give Randy a little breathing room before he leaves for the annual Woodland West planning retreat with the elders and other staff members. That takes place on Nov. 30-Dec. 1. Whew!
Randy and Tyler are leaving for Canada this Saturday (Randy is preaching at a gospel meeting Sunday through Wednesday), which means that I may go hog-wild and start tossing out things that Randy really intended to keep! Uh-oh--look out! I'm goin' on a tear! It's really hard, though; I've found myself staring into the basement, trash bag at the ready, and even I debate whether or not I should really get rid of something that has been sitting and gathering dust for two years. Why are we such pack rats??? I've already given away loads of stuff to the Kidney Foundation and have several more large bags waiting in the wings. It's a trade-off, I guess.
Believe it or not, school has been going exceptionally well even in the midst of the boxes stacked almost to the ceiling, and I would hate to tarnish my record so I've got to wrap this up and turn my thoughts back to the post-Civil War era. We're learning so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Look out Texas... here they come!!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you to get here and begin His works in Arlington!! ~Tracy~
Yeah, I'm afraid you guys will never know what hit you once the Todds are unleashed on the great state of Texas!
Obviously, you meant to send a picture but I got the Red "X" again.
Well, I don't know what to tell you--the picture is showing up fine on my end. Maybe it will be there when you try again.
What a beautiful house! I'm so excited for you guys. It's approaching so fast though! :-(
Andrea
The house is beautiful. I can't wait to hear all of the details. Will you still be in Grove City when we visit for Thanksgiving? I hope to see you all before you move.
Heather
Andrea, it's beautiful and it looks huge. It looks like you might have a little bit of breathing room. Although everything will spread out fast enough. We are so excited for you all. -T
it looks beautiful ... and looks like you will have plenty of room to pile more junk ... er ... yeah well you know what i mean :)
Hey all~thanks for all your kind comments--yes, even YOU, firewyvern! Ha ha! Yeah, don't think I haven't thought about how quickly we'll probably have our new place filled up--why is it so hard to let go of STUFF?
What our new house lacks in basement space, though, it makes up for in closet and other storage space! Walk-in closets in every room, big closets in the bathrooms, lots of built-ins--maybe I'll be more organized at the very least!
Heather, you asked about Thanksgiving: That is sort of up in the air but I imagine, since Randy will be in Canada for most of the upcoming week and Thanksgiving is the week after that, it is doubtful that we'll be out of here by then. Just up to our ears in boxes! I'll look forward to seeing y'all while you're here!
Post a Comment