I want to start my entry today by giving a shout-out to Betty in Auburn--hey there! Betty left me the nicest comment on a previous entry and, as you know if you've ever left a comment yourself, I do my best to reply to each one. Betty left her comment while we were in TX so I didn't even see it until a couple of days after she'd made it, but she was very complimentary of my ability to make the escapades of my family entertaining to a "stranger." She used the word "stranger" because we have only met once, but she is a good friend of Randy's mom and dad so she doesn't feel like a stranger to me! Anyway, I hope that she is not alone in her feeling that she comes away feeling entertained after reading my blog; it would be great if you all felt that way but if you don't, then you must be gluttons for punishment to keep coming back!!!
News on the home front: We made an offer on THE house in Arlington yesterday and are eagerly awaiting news on that end. Patti inserted a closing date of November 30 in the contract (knowing it could be moved if need be), so it really makes our relocation feel imminent!!! However, while November 30 works for me, Randy will be unavailable (though in Arlington) because he will be going with the Woodland West on their annual planning retreat for the coming year. Now, if we could push the closing date up a week, then we could all be moved and settled and Randy could go on the retreat with no conflict. Doesn't that sound like a good plan?!
I shouldn't get ahead of myself, though. Our offer has not yet been accepted so I am in "hurry up and wait" mode. I may have already mentioned this--sorry, I've talked to a LOT of people about our week--but the folks who are selling the house are closing on a house in St. Louis this week, and it is our hope that they would love to sell their TX house quickly to avoid having to make two monthly mortgage payments. I'll keep you posted . . .
In other news: I continue to pack a little at a time, even though Randy continues to advise me to let the packers handle it. Maybe he's right--in the past couple of weeks I have lost count of how many times the kids have asked for something that has already been boxed and sealed--and I should add, these are things that had previously not been used in months! I finally threw up my hands and gave in today, ripping the seal and opening a box of puzzles that the kids were desperate to get at. I would have stood my ground and told them to find something else to do, except that I remember thinking as I boxed them up, "You know, if I box up all of the things they use in their free time in an effort to make myself feel better (by doing what I can to get the house ready to sell), it might come back to haunt me." And sure enough, it has. With each book that has been packed away I have felt guiltier and guiltier, but I soothed my conscience by saying that at least they still have their library books (not to mention their school books, which make up their own library by themselves!). And today, when the girls wanted to go outside and do whatever it is that they do outside (I know it involves dancing and my "boom box"), Darcy complained to me, "Mom, you've packed all the best music!"
Sunday, November 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We were thankful for the church when we moved into our house because nothing was packed. I kept doing that same thing, what if we need it. In the end we really did not need it. So, there was alot that was not packed. But we only moved around the corner and not several states away. That is enough moving talk it makes me really sad :(
Kelly, even though we ARE moving several states away, it is still helpful to hear, from someone who has been there, that in the end . . . you really didn't need it. I have been humbled by most of the books the kids and I have read in school so far this year--it's pathetic what we count as "necessary" items that are really luxuries! We are blessed, yes, but also spoiled!
Post a Comment