So here’s the way my morning played out. First I should mention that ever since Randy re-painted the garage floor about three weeks ago, we have been parking both of our vehicles outside, the van on the driveway and the car on the street. Why on the street, you ask? Because it’s got a wicked leak and Randy doesn’t want it ruining our (almost) new cement driveway! Now Randy intended to take the car to Canada but I could not imagine the three of them (don't forget Tyler and Darcy went along for the ride) in that little cracker box, driving eight hours there and eight hours back, not to mention whoever drew the short end of the stick and wound up sitting in the back seat would have had one whole side view obstructed by Randy’s hanging clothes! I asked him to take the van but he didn’t want to put the mileage on it. “Plus,” he said, “what if something happens to the Honda?” “Exactly my point!” I declared. “What if something happens to the Honda and you’re in CANADA???” He ultimately saw reason, they drove off in the van, and I breathed a sigh of relief. Until this morning, when I woke up and realized that it was raining.
And remembered that the umbrella was in the car.
Parked on the street.
Not the kind of start to the day that would otherwise normally find me singing worship tunes on the way to the Lord's assembly.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Okay, this is too funny . . . Andy came over to play this afternoon and he sweet-talked me into letting him play with Peyton on the XBox again. (Tyler is going to be incensed when he finds out Peyton played TWO DAYS IN A ROW!) They were playing Star Wars - Jedi Outcast which Andy, until yesterday, had never even heard of. Peyton very patiently explained all the screens to him and showed him how to move, how to jump, how to capture her flag, how to smite her with his light saber, and so on.
So this afternoon, as they were whooping it up at the action onscreen, Andy was chortling over his newfound ability to sneak up on Peyton's character and render him useless, and he let out this evil laugh--you know, like, "Bwwaaa-ha-ha-ha-ha!" He then uttered a not quite Jedi-like statement: "Teacher--you taught me way too much!" Peyton chuckled ruefully and said, "I know," to which Andy, eager not to bite the hand that extends to him the Xbox, replied "But that means you're a really good teacher!"
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment