Thursday, June 7, 2007

Baseball Days

Not much to blog about lately, so I'll just update Tyler's baseball stats. In Monday night's game he was two-for-two with two triples; in light of Tyler's recent back-to-back home runs, one of the dads jokingly said to Randy, "Hmmm, Tyler must be feeling a little off tonight. He only got two triples!" In last night's game he hit a line drive hard enough to be a triple but the runner in front of him wasn't fast enough so he got held up at second base. And then, I am very sorry to say, in his last at-bat he struck out. He had the unfortunate luck to be the first batter against a brand-new pitcher, and this kid was pitching FAST. Obviously, Tyler is going to have to get used to batting against stronger pitchers but, the truth be told, at this level this is really only the second kid we've seen with that kind of speed. Tyler made a valiant attempt but was denied this time.

He has already had a couple of opportunities to pitch this season, but I think I've mentioned before that since this is the Parks and Rec league, if you want a chance to pitch (or play any other position, for that matter) you get it. Not always great for the team, but I know that if I wanted my kid to have a shot to pitch or catch or whatever and felt like he was being passed over, I wouldn't feel very good. Anyway, if that policy weren't in place I think Tyler would have had many more opportunities to pitch this season. He has really come a long way. He came in as a relief pitcher last night to help our other pitcher out of a jam and he did great, as always. There were no outs and the bases were loaded, and Tyler didn't allow any runs. Whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrea, if you thought you were on information overload, you don't know the half of it. If I miss your blog for a week like this time, I have to read the entire page just to catch up (that's a lot of words) and know in my heart that I don't dare click on "older posts" or I'll have even more that I haven't read.

OK, Tyler seems to be on the verge of becoming a real baseball star. Go T!

Andrea, all of your kids are growing so fast. It's hard to believe they're so big. It seems like only yesterday since Tyler was born. Wow!

I did know about the kids making Randy's birthday cake since he told us about it when he thanked us for the e-card. But for them to not eat it because of the pineapple in the icing was really funny. (Randy said Darcy scraped the icing off and ate the cake.)

Andrea, I think the thing that gives me so much pride is in your having home-schooled your kids and apparently done such a terrific job of it. Wow!!!

All of your kids would have loved visiting FAO Schwarz. That place is incredible. You'll see some more pictures in later posts, but Tyler would especially love it. It has two areas, one devoted to Star Wars and the other to Harry Potter. He'd be in "hog-heaven". And Sawyer would be for the stuffed animals. All the way from very small to larger than life, literally.

OK, I'm going to try to keep up daily so that I don't get so behind. Keep it up. It's almost like being there. Almost, but not.

We saw some internet air fare wars involving Columbus, but unfortunately, the market for Denverites coming that way was not enough to get the specials. We do hope to make it up there sometime. Not sure when.

Andrea said...

Dad, I know I am less than concise but, as Randy's mom put it, "If you have time to write it, I have time to read it!" So I just keep a-writin'!