Monday, June 11, 2007

Easy Rider(s)

In Randy's absence, "Grandma" Phyllis' son, Chuck, came over on Sunday afternoon to pitch with Tyler in preparation for his game tonight. Chuck is a motorcycle enthusiast who has bought and restored at least three (I think) motorcycles, and he said he actually had someone flag him down on the INTERSTATE and offer him cash for his current bike, to which Chuck said, "No thanks."

Now Sawyer is feeling the need for speed! We had dinner at the home of some friends last week who live on a farm. Their teenaged son and daughter took our kids out individually on their four-wheeler, and you'd have thought our kids had died and gone to heaven! They had the best time! Did I already post something about this? I feel like I've told this story before, so forgive me if I'm telling it twice. Anyway, Dawn (the mom) was watching Sawyer fly by as she watched through the open screen door and she said, "He's going to go home with bugs in his teeth from grinning so big!"

And then here comes Chuck roaring up on his motorcycle. Sawyer hopped on that thing and thought he was Joe Cool. He's already talking about wanting a motorcycle "when I'm just a little big bigger." Oh boy.

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tyler had a great ballgame tonight. He caught an inning, pitched two innings (he was AWESOME!) and went 3-for-3 with a walk and two singles. Nothing flashy tonight, just a couple of good solid hits. He was so stoked when he struck out the last batter to end the game--he did that little elbow pull-down and mouthed "Yes!" and then ran off the field with both arms over his head in triumph!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess Cynthia and I need to make a trip to Columbus on the Trike. I'd love to give them all a ride on it. Or, ya'll come to see us and do it here.

Cynthia said...

Motorcycling enthusiasm must run in the Hackney genes!