Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big Talker

 
Posted by Picasa


We're just full of surprises, aren't we? What does that say on Peyton's shirt? Look closely . . . can you read that? Why, I do believe it says "PCA." PCA? Isn't that where Tyler and Darcy go to school--the same school whose second grade class was full just ten days ago?

Okay, I'll cut to the chase. Peyton is not wearing a PCA shirt because I've been too busy to do her laundry; no, she is a gen-u-ine, bona fide, O-fficial PCA 2nd grader now! Remember when I told you the kids got Friday and Monday off of school? Well, we got a call from the school first thing Friday morning letting us know that a spot opened up, so that gave me essentially two days (Saturday and Monday) to get a few more uniform pieces, a lunchbox and Thermos (for spaghetti rings and meatballs, of course) and a boatload of school supplies purchased and ready for Peyton's first day of school.

Tuesday was consumed with testing (Peyton scored highest on the math portion, which caused this mom/teacher's jaw to drop) and a few other activities that are a blog entry in themselves, and suddenly . . . it was time to get to bed so Peyton would be ready for her first day at PCA!

You might wonder why I entitled this post "Big Talker." Well, as the folks at WW could tell you, as each day passed and Tyler and Darcy got more and more acclimated to PCA and people inquired about Peyton, I insisted that even if we got a call now, she would just finish out the year at home and start at PCA in the fall. But when that phone call came . . . well, needless to say, we had to re-think some of our plans. I did give Peyton a choice in the matter and I must say she TOTALLY jumped at the chance to go, and since we got the call RIGHT AT THE BEGINNING of the new nine-week grading period . . . well, it was just a win-win situation.

And lest you fear that my feelings are hurt that my children are all so eager to leave me and venture out into the big, wide world . . . may I remind you that Tyler and Darcy both shed buckets of tears at the prospect of being away from me all day, just like poor little Peyton did last night. It's heartwarming, I tell you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is it okay for me to say "I told you so?" I am only surprised that she had to miss 11 days at PCA before there was an opening for her too!