Okay, now it's just starting to be funny. Tyler has been joined to me at the hip all day, just chattering away. As I've always said, I am never going to complain when my 11-year-old son wants to spend time with me, but I must admit I find it slightly surprising when we had such an UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS DAY in front of us today and he could have done anything he wanted. 70 degrees, bright sunshine, cool breeze--absolute perfection. And then I had to go and ruin it by traipsing all over town! At least Tyler and Darcy were with me to keep me company.
It started so innocently--Tyler has been growing again and his blue jeans had become suitable only for wet weather, if you know what I mean. As you probably surmised from the photo yesterday, PCA requires its students to wear uniforms every day but Friday so it's not like he needs a lot of new clothes, just a pair or two of blue jeans to bridge the gap. We set off for "Kiddos Closet" which I assumed would be much like Once Upon a Child, but it had only a fraction of the clothing, and only about five pairs of jeans to choose from--and that was ranging in size from 7-20!
Well, since we were out I figured we'd hit another place I'd seen called "Ditto Kiddo" (not very imaginative, is it?), but when we got there we discovered that it is under new management and will be closed until the beginning of February. At that point I called a couple of people to try to find some thrift shops but didn't get any answers (out enjoying the beautiful sunshine, they were), so what choice did I have? To Wal-mart we trudged. *Deep sigh* The good news is that we were able to procure the necessary blue jeans, so now maybe Tyler can hold his head up high on Spirit Day!
Peyton and Sawyer have thoroughly enjoyed having their brother and sister home for the weekend--ha ha, that sounds like they've been off at boarding school or something--but Sawyer is cracking me up. Yesterday while Peyton was working on some of her seatwork, Sawyer told me he was ready to do his "schoolwork." We did one reading lesson and read a few other books, and then I gave him a spiral notebook to draw in. He immediately dubbed that his "homework." Today, when I was rounding up the kids to send them outside to play, Sawyer said, "Wait! I have to do my homework first!" Peyton looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Sawyer, it's SATURDAY. Why don't you take a break from your homework?" "No, I've got to get it done now!" he said. Here's hoping those study habits stay with him for good!
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy New Year!!
We have just returned from Beth's and I am catching up on your entries.
By the way....I WAS supposed to watch the kids when you went to Olive Garden!!: (I'm glad you had a great time!!
Love, Bonnie
Well, I still have one of the gift cards you gave me in my wallet--if you REALLY want to babysit the kids, pack your bags! You know where to find us! :-)
Did you have a great time in TN?
I wish I could come down there! It is ugly here now...first it was cold and now it is rainy and windy! Just like ole OHIO!!
We had a wonderful time 'spoiling' Ethan, Charis and Levi!
Levi has developed an allergy to peanuts and they don't know what else until they see an allergist!Beth gave Levi 1/2 of a peanut butter and jam sandwich and his eyes swelled shut and he got hives!
The allergy to peanuts must be pretty bad as they told Beth to go home and clear her home of anything made with peanuts or processed at the same factory as peanuts. They said if the kids were to even cough or sneeze around him after eating peanuts he could react! Poor little guy!
Levi's hemoglobin is still low and they can't get it up with 2 daily doses of iron so he is going to see a hematologist this month too! That breaks my heart because I always think of the worst! We are praying allot for him right now.
Can the whole world see your blog? Can they read what I write too? I think I'm going to start using email so 'life' isn't out there for everyone to read!!
Oh, poor Levi! I've always said that as bad as Tyler's allergies are, at least he doesn't have an allergy to peanuts! I didn't know about the whole hemoglobin issue--let me know what the hematologist says.
As for my blog, no, the whole world can't see it unless they have the address, but anybody who DOES read it can read your comments too! But that's okay--just keep it clean! :-)
Post a Comment