Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An Open Thank You Note

The flu rages on. I told Randy that I was musing over the observation that when I was younger and used to get sick, that was all there was . . . I just got sick and then got over it and moved on. But now that I'm a mom and the responsibilities are endless, it's next to impossible for me to be sick in peace. Okay, that sounds kinda crazy; what I mean is, I can't just get sick and get over it. I push myself too much too soon, thereby prolonging the illness . . . except that you usually can't tell me that, 'cause I won't listen. But sure enough, here I sit, about 6-1/2 days since the onset of my first symptoms, and I feel almost as bad now as I did then. And part of it is completely mental--I lay in bed and fret and worry that I'm NEVER going to get better, I forget how it felt to actually BE well . . . I'm telling you, I get REALLY pessimistic. Randy says it's the flu talking. I sure hope he's right.

In the meantime, since I have been housebound for so long and have no new news, I remembered that I never posted some pictures from Christmas and thought that now would be as good a time as any to post them. And then it hit me--thank you notes! The kids never wrote thank you notes from Christmas! Any time that kind of negligence slaps me in the face like this I feel compelled to say that my mom really did raise me better than that--I am a FIRM believer in thank you notes. The best defense I can come up with in this case is that this past Christmas was overwhelmed by so many other things: We were still scavenging for things out of boxes and money says I hadn't even unpacked a box of thank you notes at that point; AND the kids were getting ready to start school in mere days and I don't even want to relive the many steps in that process that we were having to complete.

So this is an open thank you note to Uncle Richard and Aunt Amy, who made Christmas morning so special for our kids (since theirs were the only presents they had to open!). I think the looks on their faces say it better than any words could, anyway. And judging from Randy's expression, maybe next year you could get him a Pet Palace of his own!

 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: