I've got a plethora of little things that have the potential to turn into one big mega-blog entry, so here goes:
1. Sawyer woke up with a tummyache yesterday. It made me a little nervous to see him doubled over, complaining that he needed to throw up yet unable to get the job done. I wonder, can a four-year-old have appendicitis? That's what I wondered yesterday anyway. Surprisingly, once Tyler got up and going Sawyer seemed fine and said he didn't want to miss church, so I got him all spitted upon (ewww!) and polished and out the door we went. And he was GREAT . . . until I picked him up from Bible class. What a sad face! And a little warm. And doubled over again. Oops. Bad call on Mom's part.
Everything finally came up around 3:00 in the afternoon, and thank goodness he made it to the bathroom in time. After he'd done the deed, he looked at me with a HUGE smile on his face and said, "Mom! I made it to the toilet before I threw up! HIGH FIVE!!" I'm telling you, this kid is something else.
2. Tyler and Darcy are participating in LTC (Leadership Training for Christ) this year, in the Chorus, Puppets and Video Bible Drama events. Much more information about that to come but practice started last week. Tyler tells me he has a solo in the chorus so I'm kind of excited about that, but details are sketchy.
3. We finally made it to Bee Movie today. Three words: LAUGH. OUT. LOUD. I should have expected nothing less from Jerry Seinfeld.
4. Tyler had his long-awaited visit to the allergist today. He took it pretty well, but I was traumatized. Okay, I say that partly in jest, but in case you haven't figured it out by now, I am not a big fan of certain types of change. I typically seek out a routine and stick to it. And I had grown very accustomed to Tyler taking a couple of pills a day, inhaling a steroid, getting shots once every three or four weeks . . . ahhh, sweet comfort. There's just something soothing about monotony. But our comfortable little routine has been upended and I am none too happy about it.
First, Tyler's inhaled steroid has been switched from one puff once a day to TWO puffs TWICE a day. Great--one more thing Tyler has to remember not to forget in the morning. He'll stay on his same two little pills a day for the time being, but the biggest, most monumental change is that he has to be re-tested (aka re-scratched) for various allergens even though he was just re-tested a year ago in Ohio; AND rather than getting his allergy shots from his dad in the comfort of his own home every three weeks, he has to go to the allergist's office TWICE A WEEK for three months, then once a week for a year, then once every two weeks for a year . . . you get the picture. For a person like me who loves the convenience of worshipping and having kids in school a mere two miles from home, the idea of driving almost NINE miles twice a week for three months to watch Tyler get poked in both arms with a needle, followed by a stimulating 15-minute delay while waiting to see if any reaction will develop, is enough to send me over the edge!!!
Fortunately, the allergist has another office two miles from our house. Whew, that was a close one.
Monday, January 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment